Skip to main content

Timber Report

The surveyor who values the house on behalf of the bank or building society may well recommend a separate timber report on all pre-war and period property. While one may also be suggested for a post-war house if there is evidence of woodworm, damp or some form of rot.  There are a number of specialist firms dealing with work of this nature, and a comprehensive report is generally available free of charge.

Damp need not be a serious problem, and remedial work can easily be carried out, however some other types of timber infestation can be more troublesome, the worst being dry rot which must be removed and treated immediately as it can travel very far and very fast.

If there are any untoward problems at all, come and talk to us and we will discuss the matter with our client in order to reach a satisfactory agreement on carrying the work out in time and, maybe, apportioning the cost.

back to search menu


home - management & lettings - chartered surveyors & valuers - estate agents - meet the team - contact us - our location - properties

Brown & Brand, 221 London Road, Hadleigh, Essex SS7 2RD | site map
Website Design By Oldroyd Publishing.